- Tana Mongeau and Jake Paul both dressed as fellow YouTubers for Halloween.
- Mongeau channeled Jeffree Star in a pink tracksuit and matching bra, while Paul resembled Shane Dawson in a gray robe and pig T-shirt. He also carried a plush cat and can of Coca Cola.
- On Twitter, Mongeau said they chose to dress as Star and Dawson because the two YouTubers “saved” their careers.
- The four influencers have history: Dawson produced a YouTube series about both Mongeau and Paul, while Star and Mongeau have made makeup tutorials together. Paul and Mongeau also say they are married.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Tana Mongeau and Jake Paul are celebrating Halloween by paying homage to fellow YouTubers.
On Wednesday, the couple took to social media with photos of themselves dressed as Jeffree Star and Shane Dawson. Mongeau channeled the makeup mogul in a pink tracksuit and matching bra, while Paul resembled Dawson in a gray robe and pig T-shirt.
On Twitter, Mongeau said they chose the costumes because Dawson and Star “saved” their careers.
—Tana Mongeau (@tanamongeau) October 31, 2019
While Jeffree Star has yet to comment on their outfits, Shane Dawson shared his thoughts on Instagram
“HIS EYES HAHAHAHA,” Dawson wrote in the comments section of Mongeau’s post.
Though Jake Paul has seemingly been planning his costume for a while, fans pointed out that he made one major mistake
On October 22, Paul tweeted that he was considering dressing as Dawson for Halloween.
“I think imma be Shane Dawson for Halloween,” Paul wrote. “Thoughts? Send me inspiration for the outfit.”
—Jake Paul (@jakepaul) October 22, 2019
But after sharing photos of his final look, fans pointed out that Paul carried a regular Coca Cola instead of one of Dawson’s favorite drinks: Diet A&W Root Beer or Diet Coke.
—Jackielantern🎃 (@JackieHarpold) October 31, 2019
—the cîroc was water (@excstacyy) October 31, 2019
—michy 🖤 (@mmichhyy) October 31, 2019
The four YouTubers have history
Back in June 2018, Dawson made YouTube history when he filmed a three-part series about Tanacon, a failed festival hosted by Mongeau.
Dawson then made a series about Paul in September 2018, and tried to figure out whether or not the YouTuber is a sociopath.
In April 2018, Star also worked with Mongeau, and uploaded collaboration makeup tutorials to YouTube.
Dawson and Star also have a connection, as they’ve made various YouTube videos together and have created a new makeup line for Jeffree Star Cosmetics.
Representatives for Tana Mongeau and Jake Paul did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- A beauty YouTuber has responded after Jeffree Star called her new products ‘trash’
- Tati Westbrook says she has 30 makeup collections in the works after announcing her first eye-shadow palette
- Logan Paul estimated how much fellow YouTuber David Dobrik makes per video from ad revenue alone, and it’s more than most people make in a month
- Tana Mongeau claimed she was ‘almost killed’ after leaving her ex Bella Thorne’s house in an Uber, and said the driver harassed her at a store the next day