- On Thursday, Kylie Jenner announced that she’ll be releasing a money-themed makeup collection in honor of her 22nd birthday.
- The upcoming Kylie Cosmetics line will feature a range of beauty products like lipstick, eyeliner, eye shadow, and highlighter, all of which are packaged in money-print containers.
- While many people seem eager to purchase the products, others on Twitter have criticized Jenner for being “tone-deaf” and “flaunting” her wealth.
- Jenner was named the youngest self-made billionaire by Forbes in March, though this status has been argued by critics who feel she’s at an advantage thanks to her famous family.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
In celebration of her upcoming birthday, Kylie Jenner is releasing a money-themed range of beauty products called “The Birthday Collection.”
Jenner’s new makeup will be sold as part of her beloved brand, Kylie Cosmetics, and will go on sale starting August 10. The collection includes products like lipstick, highlighter, eyeliner, and eye shadow, and features multiple nods to cash, from the packaging to each product’s name.
But while many people seem eager to purchase Jenner’s latest creation, others are calling the makeup mogul “tone-deaf” and accusing her of “flaunting” her wealth.
Kylie Jenner’s money-themed makeup line will launch August 10
On Thursday, the makeup mogul gave a sneak peek of her upcoming launch on social media.
In a video shared to her Instagram story, Jenner first showed the entire collection while Kanye West’s hit song “Gold Digger” played in the background.
Each product in the line is packaged in money-themed containers, some of which are also printed with photos of Jenner’s face.
In terms of product names, Jenner seemingly found inspiration in earning cash. The individual lipsticks from “The Birthday Collection,” for example, are named Hustle Honey, Money Mindset, and Mama Boss.
While announcing her new collection, Jenner also shared a photo of fake $100 bills printed with photos of herself.
Some people are not pleased with Jenner’s upcoming product launch
On Twitter, many people criticized Jenner for “flaunting” her wealth in a “tone-deaf” manner.
Others, however, seem eager to purchase ‘The Birthday Collection’
After Jenner announced the upcoming beauty products on Instagram, many Twitter users said they “love” the collection’s theme.
In addition to being a reality TV star and makeup mogul, Jenner is also known for being a 21-year-old billionaire
In March 2019, Forbes named Jenner as the youngest self-made billionaire. As Business Insider previously reported, she’s earned much of her income through her makeup brand, advertisement social-media posts, and appearances on “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.”
Kylie Cosmetics is also said to be worth $900 million.
But despite her wealthy status, many have taken issue with Forbes’ claim that Jenner is “self-made,” arguing that her fame and wealthy family have largely contributed to her success.
Even Dictionary.com previously weighed in on the matter.
Representatives for Kylie Cosmetics did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Kylie Jenner and her best friend Stassie are being slammed for ‘painfully obvious’ photo editing in a new Instagram picture
- An influencer accused Kylie Jenner of copying her photo, but says she didn’t mean it ‘in a rude way’
- Kylie Jenner opened up about her anxiety in a heartfelt Instagram post: ‘Growing up in the light with a million eyes on you just isn’t normal’
- Jeffree Star called Kylie Jenner’s skin-care line a ‘complete joke’ and ‘money grab,’ and laughed at her upcoming product launch