- On Tuesday, Lady Gaga announced that her makeup brand, Haus Laboratories, will be available for pre-order on July 15.
- Haus Laboratories is reportedly the first major beauty brand to be sold exclusively on Amazon, according to Business of Fashion.
- On Instagram, Lady Gaga shared the inspiration behind her makeup line, and said she “never felt beautiful” when she was younger.
- The star also said that while “sometimes beauty doesn’t come naturally from within,” she’s “grateful” that makeup helped her to develop confidence.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
After months of speculation, Lady Gaga has finally announced the upcoming launch of her beauty brand.
Social media accounts for Haus Laboratories announced on Tuesday that it will launch for pre-order on July 15.
According to Business of Fashion, the company will become the first major beauty brand sold exclusively on Amazon, where its lip gloss will retail for $16, and makeup kits will sell for $49.
Lady Gaga also took to her personal social media accounts, and shared a heartfelt message about her company.
Lady Gaga discussed the creation of her makeup brand on Instagram and Twitter
In social media posts shared on Tuesday, Lady Gaga said she “never felt beautiful” when she was younger, and “struggled to find a sense of both inner and outer beauty.” However, she eventually “discovered the power of makeup.”
“I remember watching my mother put her makeup on every morning, basking in the glow of her power to put on her bravest face as the hard working woman she was,” Gaga wrote on Instagram. “I then began to experiment with makeup as a way to make my dreams of being as strong as my mother become true.”
“It was then that I invented Lady Gaga. I found the superhero within me by looking in the mirror and seeing who I wanted to be,” she wrote. “Sometimes beauty doesn’t come naturally from within. But I’m so grateful that makeup inspired a bravery in me I didn’t know I had.”
“I’ve come to accept that I discovered my beauty by having the ability to invent myself and transform,” she continued. “They said I was just weird, but really, I was just Born This Way.”
So far, it seems the response to Lady Gaga’s announcement has been overwhelmingly positive
On Twitter, many people said they are “proud” of the musician, and are “excited” for the upcoming launch of her brand.
Haus Laboratories said in a video released on Tuesday that ‘beauty is how you see yourself’
Lady Gaga’s brand was announced through a promotional video on Tuesday. The minute-long clip is narrated by Lady Gaga, and features her and other models seemingly wearing makeup from the brand.
“The last thing the world needs is another beauty brand, but that’s too bad,” Lady Gaga said in the video.
“They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but at Haus Laboratories, we say beauty is how you see yourself,” she continued.
“Your glam, your expression, your artistry,” Lady Gaga said. “We want you to love yourself. Our house, your rules.”
Representatives for Lady Gaga did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Lady Gaga wore a pair of jaw-dropping platform boots that added 7 inches to her height
- Lady Gaga said she may not be ‘considered a part of’ the LGBTQ community even though she likes ‘girls sometimes’ and it started a conversation about bisexual exclusion
- Lady Gaga put a rock-star twist on the ‘no pants’ trend for a night out in New York City
- Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga are now both single, and ‘A Star Is Born’ fans are rooting for them to get together