- On Monday, YouTuber Jeffree Star said on Twitter that KLM Royal Dutch Airlines lost “seven pieces of luggage” belonging to him and his team.
- Among Star’s missing items are said to be a bag of makeup purchased in the UK, as well as a rare Birkin handbag worth $60,000.
- Star said on Twitter that he feels “stupid” for packing the bag in a suitcase — and “honestly” wants to receive his “drugstore makeup back more” — but hopes everything will be delivered on Tuesday.
- If the bag is returned, Star said he plans on filming “the moment [he] and [his] baby reunite.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Aside from being a YouTube star and makeup mogul, Jeffree Star is also widely known for having a giant collection of designer fashion and luxury handbags. However, Star says he lost a valuable piece of his collection over the weekend.
On Monday, Star said on Twitter that KLM Royal Dutch Airlines lost “seven pieces of luggage” belonging to him and his team. According to the YouTuber, his suitcases contained makeup purchased in UK drugstores, which he planned on reviewing in a new video, as well as a rare Birkin handbag worth $60,000.
“I haven’t told you guys this yet, but when Nate and I flew home Saturday night [with the Jeffree Star Cosmetics] team, KLM Airlines lost all seven pieces of our luggage,” Star wrote on Twitter. “They promised it back Sunday, still nothing.”
Star shared details about the belongings he’d packed in his luggage on Twitter
“The UK drugstore makeup that I bought was in one of the bags, so I can’t film my new video today,” Star said on Monday. “Praying the bags make it back to us all.”
“I HAVE A CONFESSION: I NEVER pack anything really valuable in my checked bags, but I did this time,” Star continued. “A $60,000 rare Birkin is in one of my bags. KLM give it back please or we gonna have a problem.”
Star also discussed the missing luggage on his Instagram story Monday. In his video, Star said he and his team were “flying back from Scotland” and “had a connection in Amsterdam” when their bags disappeared.
“We landed in LAX 11 hours later, and guess what you guys?” Star said on Instagram. “Me, Zach, my assistant, one of my security guards, and Nate, all of our bags weren’t there — all gone, all lost.”
According to Star, he was promised by the airline that his bags would be returned on Sunday and Monday, but said he did not receive them.
Star admitted he was ‘stupid’ to pack the bag in his luggage
Star seemed to regret packing the handbag, and said he wants to receive “the drugstore makeup back more.”
“And trust me, I’m aware of how stupid I am for packing [the bag] in my suitcase, but I honestly want the drugstore makeup back more so I can film hahaha,” Star wrote on Twitter alongside the hashtag “PrayForTheBirkin.”
The YouTuber reiterated his message later in an Instagram story, and said he’s “just laughing at this point” because he “can live with it” if the bag “never shows up.”
“I never pack really expensive things in my suitcases that go under the plane if we do commercial,” Star said. “Well this time, for the one time on the planet that I ever do this, I packed a $60,000 rare Hermes Birkin in one of my bags.”
“I really want the drugstore makeup back more so I can film content for you guys,” he continued. “I know you’re probably like, ‘Girl, are you out of your f—— mind?’ I just want my toothbrush. I really would love the bag back — it’s very rare. I won it at an auction in London, and it’s now gone. Pray for the Birkin.”
While awaiting more information about his luggage, Star shared memes about his experience
On Twitter, the beauty mogul shared jokes about his experience, and replied to fans who were eager to help him find his belongings.
Star suggested on Twitter that he is working to buy a private jet.
On Tuesday, Star shared an update with fans about his luggage
Star received an update from KLM Royal Dutch Airlines via Twitter on Tuesday.
“We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, Jeffree,” representatives for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines said on Twitter. “Due to a big malfunction of Schiphol’s baggage system which lasted almost the entire Saturday, lots of passengers unfortunately did not receive any baggage at their place of destination.”
The airline continued to say that “extra staff” was sent to work “day and night to get the remaining luggage to the passenger as quickly as possible.”
Star responded to the airline, and said he “finally” received “some good news.”
He also promised to film “the moment [he] and [his] baby reunite.”
Representatives for Jeffree Star and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Jeffree Star said his face felt ‘basic’ after using Kylie Jenner’s skin-care products, and he’s not the only YouTuber with strong opinions about the line
- Jaclyn Hill deleted her Twitter and Instagram accounts following backlash against her disastrous lipstick launch
- People say they’re finding black dots and white fuzz in Colourpop lipstick days after YouTuber Jaclyn Hill was accused of selling similar makeup
- Meet Tana Mongeau, who ran a YouTube convention that turned into a ‘Fyre Festival disaster’ and may now be engaged to Jake Paul