- On June 11, Kim Kardashian West announced that her makeup brand, KKW Beauty, would be launching seven shades of $45 “body foundation.”
- While some people seemed eager to try the makeup, others criticized Kardashian West for releasing a product that they believed could potentially stain clothing.
- Kardashian West shut down her critics in an Instagram post on Wednesday, in which she’s seen applying the product on her grandmother.
- Throughout Kardashian West’s video, the product seemingly covers her grandma’s veins, and only transfers slightly onto a paper towel.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Kim Kardashian West has taken to social media to shut down critics of the makeup from her beauty brand.
On Wednesday, the multihyphenate star shared a video on Instagram in which she’s seen applying $45 “body foundation” from KKW Beauty, her cosmetics brand, onto her grandmother MJ’s arms. Throughout the video, her product seemingly smooths the appearance of MJ’s veins, and barely transfers when wiped with a paper towel.
Previously, Kardashian West was criticized by people on social media who wondered if the product was necessary, as they believed it could potentially stain clothing.
After Kardashian West applies the KKW Beauty Body Foundation to MJ’s arms, MJ says the product is “amazing.”
In a separate video included in the same post, Kardashian West rubs a paper towel across MJ’s wrist, showing that, in her experience, it took two attempts to see any transfer of the foundation from her grandmother’s arm.
Kardashian West said in the caption of her video that her new product helps skin look ‘flawless yet natural’
In the caption of her post, the beauty mogul said she was asked by her grandmother to “come over to help cover her veins.”
“I’ve been using body makeup for over a decade now, and in my experience, you either get coverage that doesn’t transfer but it’s super dry and looks fake, or its the opposite and really moisturizing but completely transfers,” Kardashian West wrote. “My new KKW Beauty Body Makeup is in between.”
“If you let it dry before putting your clothes on, it transfers way less,” she continued. “And if you set it with a translucent powder, it hardly transfers at all. It was important to keep the skin looking flawless yet natural.”
While Kardashian West clarified that she “didn’t have translucent powder” while testing the product on her grandmother, she did use one of the pressed powders from her brand. According to Kardashian West, it still “worked pretty good.”
After posting the video on Instagram, Kardashian West also shared a before-and-after photo of her grandmother’s arms
MJ’s right arm appears to be smooth and glowing after using the foundation, which seems to have concealed her veins.
“We used the body foundation in the color Light on my grandma MJ here,” Kardashian West wrote over the photo.
People shared mixed reactions when Kardashian West first announced the launch of her KKW Beauty Body Foundation
After announcing her newest set of makeup on social media, many people said they were excited to try her latest products.
However, not everyone was convinced. While some questioned if there’s a need for such a product, others worried that a body foundation could easily transfer and stain clothing.
While Kardashian West and KKW Beauty didn’t respond to the concerns at the time, the beauty mogul said that she uses the products to cover her psoriasis in an Instagram post.
Representatives for KKW Beauty did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Inside the candy-filled birthday party Kim and Kourtney Kardashian threw for North West and Penelope Disick
- Kim Kardashian West went to the White House to announce more criminal justice reforms alongside Trump
- Kim Kardashian West just shared the first clear photo of her son Psalm West — and possibly revealed the newborn’s middle name
- Kim Kardashian trolled Kylie Jenner after watching her 10-second face-washing tutorial on Instagram