- On Wednesday, Kylie Jenner released a 35-second video on Twitter to promote one of the products from her new skin-care brand, Kylie Skin.
- In the video, Jenner applies the $24 Foaming Face Wash to her skin, and then washes it off in less than 10 seconds.
- Jenner is then seen using a white cloth to dry her skin, which appears to show that she has been wearing foundation.
- People are now criticizing Jenner for promoting a beauty product, which she seemingly doesn’t use properly, in a video that’s been altered by a filter.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Kylie Jenner is one of the biggest beauty moguls in the world. After being named the youngest self-made billionaire thanks to her makeup line Kylie Cosmetics, Jenner has now entered the skin-care industry with her latest venture, Kylie Skin. But not all consumers are convinced.
On Wednesday, Jenner released a 35-second video in which she is seen washing her face with the $24 Foaming Face Wash, which is currently sold out. In less than 10 seconds, Jenner applies the product, and then rinses it off. She also wipes her skin with a white cloth, which appears to show that she has been wearing foundation throughout the video.
The video led to outrage on social media, where some people believe that Jenner doesn’t actually know how to properly use the products she sells.
People on social media had a lot to say about Jenner’s latest video
On Twitter, some people said they wouldn’t purchase skin-care products from the beauty brand founder because she seemingly washes her face too quickly in a video that is meant to be promotional.
Others believe Jenner’s video suggests that she doesn’t actually use the Kylie Skin brand regularly.
Others pointed out that Jenner used a filter on her video, which may have blurred what her skin actually looked like before and after using the face wash.
People were also quick to notice that foundation was seemingly transferred from Jenner’s face to the white towel she used to dry her skin.
According to dermatologists, Jenner broke two rules that are key to washing your face properly
As INSIDER has previously noted, removing your makeup prior to washing your face is a key step to achieving clear skin. If you choose not to double cleanse, you risk clogging your pores and creating acne, as HuffPost has pointed out.
INSIDER also previously spoke with Dr. Sonam Yadav, a dermatologist in New Delhi, who said that skin-care products can be ineffective if rinsed away too quickly. Specifically, she advised people to massage face products onto damp skin using gentle circular motions.
“Especially do allow 30 to 60 seconds before washing off to allow the medicated product to work,” she told us.
Jenner was recently criticized for including a walnut face scrub in her Kylie Skin line
On May 14, Jenner announced the launch of Kylie Skin, which includes a $22 Walnut Face Scrub. Because crushed walnut shells can create micro-tears in the skin, many fans were outraged by the product.
Regardless, the product appears to have been popular with customers, and is currently sold out.
Representatives for Kylie Skin did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- 16 of Kylie Jenner’s best outfits of all time
- Kylie Jenner wore a $16,917 sheer orange minidress for a casual night out
- Kylie Jenner filed a patent for ‘Kylie Hair’ to add to her growing beauty empire
- Kylie Jenner appears to be coming out with a baby line — and she’s planning everything from car seats to clothes