- During an Instagram live video on Thursday, “ Game of Thrones” star Sophie Turner was caught with a vape in her lap.
- She laughed and threw the vape pen out of the shot, but not before fans took notice.
- While Turner appeared self-conscious about her vape pen, fans took to Twitter to express their love for her (and her vape).
- Turner has been very open about her smoking habits, telling Vulture last year that she and fellow “Thrones” star Maisie Williams would smoke weed at sleepovers. She was also photographed with a vape on the set of the “Game of Thrones” finale.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Sophie Turner has made no secret of her vaping habit — but seemed a bit embarrassed when she was caught with a vape in her lap during an Instagram live video on Thursday.
Turner, who was in the midst of getting her hair done, had taken some time to answer fan questions when she realized that her vape pen was in her lap.
Once she realized that her vape was in full view of her followers, Turner muttered, “Oh, my God,” and threw her pen offscreen, immediately bursting into laughter with the rest of her team.
It was an oddly demure moment for a star who’s been incredibly open about her smoking and vaping habits
Turner recently shared a photo of her, Williams, and Isaac Hempstead Wright (who played Bran/the three-eyed raven) on set during a break in filming the “Thrones” finale. While Williams and Hempstead Wright are clearly posing for the camera, Turner looks pensive, smoking what looks to be a Juul.
In an interview with Vulture from 2018, Turner talked about her sleepovers with fellow “Thrones” star Maisie Williams.
“We’re kind of like loners on ‘Game of Thrones,’ just because the past few seasons Maisie and I have sleepovers every night when we’re shooting. Or every night whenever both of us are in town. We just used to sit there and eat and watch stupid videos and smoke weed,” Turner said.
“I don’t know if my publicist will kill me for saying this. We’d get high and then we’d sit in the bath together and we’d rub makeup brushes on our faces. It’s fun.”
And in 2016, Turner shared a photo of her and Williams dressed as as weed “brownies” for Halloween, with the caption “Nortiness [naughtiness] ensues.”
While Turner seemed a bit self-conscious about being caught with her vape during Thursday’s Instagram live, fans took to Twitter to express their love and support for her
According to the Daily Mail, Turner was wearing Isabel Marant, not Louis Vuitton. And while it’s unclear whether Turner’s vape was THC, CBD, or tobacco, that didn’t stop other fans from praising her on Twitter.
- Read more:
- Sophie Turner got a tattoo after filming “Game of Thrones,” and fans are seeing it in a whole new light after the finale
- Sophie Turner calls out petitions to reshoot “Game of Thrones” season 8 as “disrespectful” to hard-working crew
- Sophie Turner says that she and Joe Jonas briefly broke up: “It was the worst day of our lives”