- On Tuesday, beauty mogul James Charles attended a launch party for Kylie Skin, a new skin-care line created by Kylie Jenner.
- Throughout the party, Charles roller-skated, hung out with Kris Jenner, posed in photo booths, and spent time with fellow YouTubers Nikita Dragun and Gabriel Zamora.
- Jenner recently unfollowed Charles on Instagram in the midst of his public feud with Tati Westbrook.
- Some fans are now questioning the actual status of the duo’s friendship.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Following the end of his most-recent scandal, beauty mogul James Charles is quickly getting back to business.
On Tuesday, the YouTuber attended the launch party for Kylie Skin, a new beauty brand created by Kylie Jenner. He documented his experience on his Instagram story, in which he’s seen driving to the party, roller-skating, and hanging out with fellow YouTubers.
In response to his posts, many fans questioned why Charles attended a party hosted by Jenner, who recently unfollowed him in the midst of his public feud with Tati Westbrook.
Charles attended the party wearing a pink suit with no shirt underneath, a diamond necklace, and simple makeup.
While Charles didn’t post any photos of Kylie, he did share a snap of himself standing next to her mother, Kris Jenner.
The YouTube star also made sure to take advantage of the multiple photo opportunities at the party, posing in both a bathtub and alongside a pink wall.
On Twitter, fans questioned Charles’ appearance at the party
Recently, Jenner was one of multiple celebrities to unfollow Charles on Instagram in the midst of his public feud with Tati Westbrook — which left many fans confused as to why he attended a party hosted by the makeup mogul.
Some people also questioned an Instagram story posted by YouTuber Nikita Dragun. In the clip, Dragun is seen walking hand in hand with Charles and Gabriel Zamora as Iggy Azalea’s song “Started” plays.
Dragun specifically included a verse of the song in which Azalea raps, “Started to say sorry but f— that s—/ you started out hatin’ now you love my drip/Ayy, b—-, they lookin’ at me, they not lookin’ at you.”
As a result, some fans wondered if Dragun was trying to “shade” Westbrook and Jeffree Star, who previously spoke out against them.
Earlier in the day, Charles shared his first Instagram post since his public feud. The photo shows Charles wearing rainbow-colored eyebrows.
In his caption, he encouraged his fans to “spread some positivity,” and “give someone else in the comments a compliment.”
He also shared an Instagram story on Tuesday morning, in which he said he was taking time “to kind of chill and relax” and “play with some makeup.”
“I responded to some business emails this morning — I literally don’t know how to ever stop working,” Charles said in his Instagram story. “And I decided to play with some makeup today because I haven’t gotten to [do so] in quite a long time.”
“Makeup really just calms me down and is super therapeutic, which is really what I need right now while I’m on this kind of social-media break,” he continued.
Representatives for James Charles and Kylie Jenner did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s requests for comment.
- Read more:
- People are destroying their James Charles makeup following his feud with fellow beauty YouTuber Tati Westbrook
- YouTube beauty star James Charles is at war with his former mentor Tati Westbrook. Here’s the story of his controversial past.
- YouTuber James Charles’ online store appears to have been taken down following his explosive feud with former mentor Tati Westbrook
- Beauty YouTuber Nikita Dragun shared screenshots of her texts with James Charles to help clear his name, but some people think the photos are proof that he lied